Round seven and mental health round of the OVO Mobile Australian Waterpolo League wrapped up yesterday with a few surprise results. As part of the... [more]
WATER POLO AUSTRALIA ATHLETES COMMISSION
The following athletes were elected to Athletes’ Commission on the 29 October 2016 (click for profiles).
Chairperson: Jane Moran
Secretary: Johno Cotterill
- Lea Yanistsas
- Richie Campbell
- 1 x commissioner position vacant, click here to view Expression of Interest form
The members of the Commission will serve the term 1 November 2016 – 31 October 2020.
Please check out the Athletes Commission Charter for more information about the eligibility criteria.
The purpose of the Commission is to represent the views of WPA’s athletes (the “Athletes”) to WPA.
The functions of the Commission are as follows:
- To advise WPA and its Board on any matters relating to water polo, which impact on the Athletes.
- To appoint the Athletes Commission Director in accordance with the Constitution.
- To nominate eligible people for election to the Australian Olympic Committee’s (“AOC”) Athletes’ Commission (the “AOC Athletes’ Commission”) in accordance with the AOC’s constitution and rules.
- To provide leadership and direction on any matter that relates to, or impacts on, Athletes.
Composition and Eligibility
The composition of the Commission is governed by clause 45(h) of the Constitution. In accordance with the Constitution, the Commission is comprised as follows:
- Three (3) Athletes who are party to a current athlete agreement with WPA.
- Two (2) people who each were members of an Olympic Squad for the most recent or second-to-last Olympic Games.
- As an ex-officio member, any person who is a member of the Australian Olympic Committee Athletes’ Commission who is or has been a member of a Representative Squad or Olympic Squad.
The Commission is in its fourth term, the inaugural Commission was endorsed by the Australian Olympic Committee and Water Polo Australia in 2004. The first members to serve on the WPA Athlete Commission were:
Chairperson: Nathan Thomas
Secretary: Debbie Watson
- Nikita Cuffe
- Thomas Whalan
- Trent Franklin
Schedule for meetings, prior to the 2018 AGM
- 2 February, 2018
- 6 April, 2018
- 17 May, 2018
- 27 July 2018
- 21 September, 2018
If you have any questions or comments you would like to share with the Athlete Commission please email email@example.com
AUSTRALIAN REFEREES COMMISSION
Chair – Gary Payne
Secretary – Nicola Johnson
Members – Michael Hart, Daniel Flahive, Phil Scales
Australian Referees Commission By-Laws
CLICK HERE to read the Australian Referees Commission By-Laws