With just on a month until the 16&U National Club Championships, preparations are well underway with some important changes. BOYS Tournament... [more]
WATER POLO AUSTRALIA ATHLETES COMMISSION
The following athletes were elected to Athletes’ Commission on the 29 October 2016 (click for profiles).
Chairperson: Jane Moran
Secretary: Johno Cotterill
The members of the Commission will serve the term 1 November 2016 – 31 October 2020.
The purpose of the Commission is to represent the views of WPA’s athletes (the “Athletes”) to WPA.
The functions of the Commission are as follows:
- To advise WPA and its Board on any matters relating to water polo, which impact on the Athletes.
- To appoint the Athletes Commission Director in accordance with the Constitution.
- To nominate eligible people for election to the Australian Olympic Committee’s (“AOC”) Athletes’ Commission (the “AOC Athletes’ Commission”) in accordance with the AOC’s constitution and rules.
- To provide leadership and direction on any matter that relates to, or impacts on, Athletes.
Composition and eligibility
The composition of the Commission is governed by clause 45(h) of the Constitution. In accordance with the Constitution, the Commission is comprised as follows:
- Three (3) Athletes who are party to a current athlete agreement with WPA.
- Two (2) people who each were members of an Olympic Squad for the most recent or second-to-last Olympic Games.
- As an ex-officio member, any person who is a member of the Australian Olympic Committee Athletes’ Commission who is or has been a member of a Representative Squad or Olympic Squad.
Schedule for meetings 2017
- 19 January
- 23 March
- 25 May
- 3 August
- 28 September
- 9 November
For full details on the check out the Athletes Commission Charter.
The Commission is in its fourth term, the inaugural Commission was endorsed by the Australian Olympic Committee and Water Polo Australia in 2004. The first members to serve on the WPA Athlete Commission were:
Chairperson: Nathan Thomas
Secretary: Debbie Watson
- Nikita Cuffe
- Thomas Whalan
- Trent Franklin
AUSTRALIAN REFEREES COMMISSION
Chair – Gary Payne
Secretary – Nicola Johnson
Members – Michael Hart, Daniel Flahive, Phil Scales
Australian Referees Commission By-Laws
CLICK HERE to read the Australian Referees Commission By-Laws