Water Polo Australia Limited (WPA) is a leading National Sporting Organisation, is seeking a highly focused, professional and motivated individual to join our team in the role of Finance Manager.
Reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer, the Finance, Risk and Audit Committee, and the Board of Directors the Finance Manager plays a crucial role in the management of WPA. The role of the Finance Manager is to lead WPA’s management of the finance and administration, including the strategic and operational aspects of WPA’s financial planning and management.
You will be responsible for…
- Building and retaining financial strength and security consistent with strategic plans and budgets
- Efficiently managing and coordinating the entire scope of financial control, compliance and governance
- The preparation of financial budgets and forecasts
- Ensuring suitable cash forecasting and reporting systems and processes are in place to optimise the business’s cash position
- Lead monthly management reporting of financial position, results and cashflow with supporting analysis and key KPIs, actuals to budgets and reforecast process organisation-wide as a business partner to the business managers
- Provide reports, analysis and recommendations to management on results against plan to enable effective decision-making by management
- The efficient ledger recording and management of financial income and expenditures consistent with Australian Accounting Standards and the policies and procedures of Water Polo Australia
- Ensure the accurate and efficient entry of data into the designated financial package
Asset and Risk Management
- The provision of adequate and proper protection of the realisable value of the business working capital and non-current assets
- Evaluation of financial risk for all contracts and major projects undertaken by the business and the monitoring of their financial activity
- Managing the statutory and compliance obligations with regard to ASIC and Australian Sports Commission reporting, company secretarial practice and business/employee related tax obligations
- Review, updating and implementation of policies and procedures
- Leading the annual external audit process
For the full job description Click Here
Are you interested in the role?
If this sounds like you, please submit your application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
In your application, you should include a covering letter with your resume and provide an indication of the remuneration you are expecting.
Applications close at 5:00pm on Thursday 14 December 2017.