The NSW Institute of Sport (NSWIS) is the state’s peak elite sports agency. The Institute supports high performance athletes on squad or individual scholarships. NSWIS specialist services ensure that their athletes have access to leading edge coaches and sports technology while also receiving tailored support to help balance their elite sporting commitments with personal development and a career.
The primary purpose of the role is:
- Develop, coordinate and drive implementation of the physical preparation program for the National and NSWIS women’s water polo program liaising across all state based daily training environments (DTE). Ensure the capacity and capability of performance support to Water Polo athletes in their primary DTE (domestic or global) is maximised and aligned with the WPA strategy and vision.
- Plan, coordinate and implement service delivery of strength and conditioning, physiology, rehabilitation and recovery programs to the WPA national women’s program, including the NSWIS DTE, as key member of the nationally integrated performance team.
- Provide leadership and management of the monitoring systems and processes that support the physical preparation of athletes utilising the expertise of other disciplines (in particular medicine and physiotherapy) for injury prevention and strength and conditioning rehabilitation, to ensure achievement of National water polo performance outcomes and goals in both national and state based DTE environments from pathway to podium.
- Link national Water Polo philosophies and ways of working to consistently align state based DTE planning, delivery and monitoring frameworks, and technology platforms.
- Implement and drive a collaborative approach to performance planning and preparation that optimises internal and external expertise and closes ‘gaps’ to optimal performance outcomes, using an individual athlete approach within a team context.
Applications close 12 November 2017.
For more information click here.